Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, December 8, 2011

Best way to enable Windows XP in Windows 8 boot-loader.

This article gives you the procedure on how to choose the operating system between Windows XP and Windows 8 installed on same computer. I recently installed Windows 8 operating system to my PC, before installation my earlier version was Windows XP on which I used to work. Before I started with Windows 8 installation I selected a different drive for it, so that I could use it as a dual-boot system where I can choose either XP or W 8. After installation I restarted the system but I couldn’t see any option to choose my earlier version i.e., XP, later I was confused and thought all my XP operating system files are deleted from the PC and I’ll be not able to access it once again. And I think many users would have faced this situation, if you are one of them then no need to worry about. Just go through the below given steps which helps you to enable both operating system on same PC.

How to enable and choose Windows XP in Windows 8 boot loader:


Step 1: Open your Windows 8 desktop page and click on the folder as shown below.
  Now click and open COMPUTER icon as shown below.


 Here in the new page opened you can see an option called System Properties,
Click on it and a pop up window comes out called System.
 : Click on ‘Advanced system settings’.

In the System properties window, click on Settings which is indicated below in
the Red box .

Here you go; this is where you need to make a simple change in the settings,
Under ‘startup and recovery’ click the drop down menu arrow of
Default operating system and select ‘earlier version of Windows’
             as shown in the screen shot below. After that click on OK.
 That’s it now you have successfully selected Windows XP (earlier operating system)  to display in the boot loader page, now you can restart you computer and select either Windows XP or Windows 8 for your use

0 comments:

About Me